- On having an opportunity with 6 minutes left “Yea it was tough…last week we had the opportunity and we did. This time it really didn’t bounce our way”.
- On lack of a running game “It makes us one-sided and easier to defend…we really can’t do what we do. That’s something we really have to work on”.
- On not letting 0-1 in BE affect the team “Yea it’s just one game…I hate that we started behind the ball, we wanted to be 1-0 in the BE. Like I said again it was just one play”.
- On not getting off the field on 3rd down “It just a lack of execution. We need to get guys in the right spots, stick on routes better, and praise RU for executing on 3rd”.
- “Perseverance is a key word…if they convert a 3rd down on a drive or series, you have to get them the next. We did hold them to 8/19 or 20 so that is under 50%”.
- “Jamison had a good day, Nova had a good day, and they protected the ball. Any time an offense holds the ball you have to praise them”.
- “Their O-Line did very well tonight…just didn’t work for us tonight. As good as a group as we are, it just didn’t happen”.
- “It’s frustrating, but we don’t want it to get the best of us…1 game doesn’t determine the season”.
- “We needed to stop them on third down. When we looked at the statistics, we let them have around 15 extra plays and that’s unacceptable”.
- “I like how the D is coming together even if we have given up yards. We lean on/care about each other. Yea, the yardage is bad but staying on the field on 3rd down really needs to be cut down”.
- “Still wasn’t 100% during the game, but my team needed me. They had all their faith in me so I went out there and did my thing”.
- “Thought George played great, he stepped up. They attacked him and he did what he was doing all camp, jus making plays. I’m really proud of George, he’s doing what he needs to do”.
- On the fumble on PR “I thought I got out of bounds, but I guess he ripped it from me before I got there. I have to do better at the ST portion of the game. Last week I put one on the ground and I did again this week”.
- “I wouldn’t say it was a lack of concentration. We played hard and the other team played hard. We’re both D-1 athletes…so we just got out played today”.
- “I just want to get back to practice…that is where we make our changes. Other than that we just have to bite the bullet and get ready for Ball State next week”.